On September 2, Kris and Sandy will be giving a talk at the Provincetown Library in Provincetown, MA.
On July 11, Kris and Sandy appeared on a panel at George Washington University called “Lessons from the Marriage Equality Fight: Toward Full Equality and Preserving Progress in the New Political Climate.”
Kris and Sandy will be in Chicago on June 12, at the Seminary Bookstore. Then they continue west; they will be talking about the book in Berkeley on June 14 at Comal, and in Corte Madera on June 15 at Book Passage. Come by to say hello if you’re in any of these places!
On June 22, Kris heads to New York City, where she’ll be at Bluestockings talking about and signing copies of the book.
On April 28, Kris received the Distinguished Social Sciences Alumni award from UC Santa Cruz.
Reviews and Articles
You can read about Kris and Sandy and the book here!
- Tagg magazine
- Los Angeles Blade
- Equality magazine, the seasonal publication of the Human Rights Campaign
Here’s what people are saying about the book!
- “To read this book is to witness the journey first-hand, to experience the excitement and the danger and the thrill as they bravely took on this most serious battle, which they so deservedly won.” —E. Eastman, author and editor
- “This is a very good book and a captivating good love story. That should not be lost in what the book also is — a ringside seat to a profound moment in our country’s history. While reading Love on Trial, I was full of hope and gratitude. Hope that everyone is as lucky to find a love like Kris and Sandy’s, hope that our country will continue to recognize and honor all love between two people equally and fully, and gratitude that they shared their story with the world. Kris and Sandy did not need to write this book but our country needed them to write it — to remind us that progress is not inevitable and that progress always has names, including forever theirs.” —Chelsea Clinton
- “This is a story about love and family and the power of ordinary people to change the world.” —Cleve Jones
- “Marriage is a dance. Each partner leads as the other follows. This book is a beautiful and important literary pas de deux about the landmark case for LOVE and MARRIAGE. Kris and Sandy have given us all a gift with their honest honoring of the institution they have fought so hard to have and to hold on to.” —Jamie Lee Curtis
- “Kris and Sandy are truly profiles in courage. But they are also passionate and funny people, which is why not only do I love them, but I love ‘Love on Trial,’ a moving, inspirational, and funny book.” —Rob Reiner
- “An intensely moving and inspirational chronicle of the courageous efforts by two loving women to restore the constitutional right to marriage to millions of Californians and Americans throughout the United States. Their personal saga is both touching and thrilling; they move us into their hearts and lives.” —Ted Olson, former Solicitor General of the United States
- “Kris Perry and Sandy Stier were living a quiet life, juggling their kids and work, when California’s Proposition 8, which stripped them of the right to marry, turned their world upside down. Thrust into the spotlight when they agreed to challenge the marriage ban, they took their case all the way to the Supreme Court and won. Along the way, they laughed, cried, worried and found depths of determination they could never have imagined. If you’ve ever wondered what it is like to be a plaintiff in a major civil rights case, read this gripping book. An up close, intimate portrayal of their nearly five year, historic odyssey, it’s as poignant, funny and endearing as the two women themselves.”–Jo Becker, New York Times reporter and author of Forcing the Spring: Inside the Fight for Marriage Equality